Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default types of light sensor

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 13:27:13 -0000 someone who may be "Suz"
wrote this:-

Thinking of a door activated sensor for the attic bathroom as it will have a
fire door and I won't be passing to notice the light left on. Is this
possible?

How will it detect that the bathroom is in use? One that goes on and
off sequentially could be fooled by opening and closing the door.
One that goes on when the door is locked means the light would not
be on until one shut and locked the door.

As others have said a neon indicate somewhere would be useful for
you to see what is going on. You are going to use energy saving
bulbs?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh