Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default My drill chuck fell off; how to reattach?

In article ,
says...

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
Toller spake thus:

The cloth with acetone gave back black. The deceased probably didn't
clean it before assembly. All is well now.

No side loading; I was boring a 1.5" hole in kingwood. The dust was so
heavy it looked like steam. Fortunately I had an air cleaner on and a
dust mask.

Unrelated question: what is "kingwood"? Sounds like ironwood or something
extremely hard (of course, "ironwood" is also a catch-all name that
includes dozens of wood species ...).

It is in the same genus as cocobolo and rosewood. Very dense and hard.
Exquisite wood, think varigated rosewood; I got a "buy" on it at $20/bf. I
will find out on Monday whether or not it can be glued when I try to turn my
glued up block.

If it's anything like cocobolo be careful with any sawdust. It's
toxic.

--
Keith