Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Fireplace "literally breathes life into your room"

Aidan wrote:
On Dec 2, 8:57 pm, "Phil L" wrote:
I said he's blown the fluid out of the manometer because there was
too much pressure, further posts from the OP got to the truth,
inthat he'd blown the fluid out of the manometer because there was
too much pressure.

Oh, that explains that then.

So, how do you explain the bit where you said:

"A fiftieth of atmospheric pressure?, if this is true then if you
knock a
hole in a gas pipe, the air pressure (which is fifty times higher)
should
rush into the pipe, rather than gas come out?

Because the previous poster had made a typo, numpty.

Gas is 2 bar, each bar is 14.5lbs psi, approx, easily enough to blow a
few
cc's of coloured water out of a plastic straw."

Gas is 2 bar at the meter, he didn't say where he'd connected the effing
manometer, ..did the few cc's of coloured water blow out of the straw or
not?

You said that here;
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...f80d9ba%2F%3F&

Backpeddalling and frantic flannelling.
You've made yourself look very silly.

HTH

I was using drop testers when you was a glint in the milkman's eye.

but that equates to around 6,480
homes, admittedly, some of them didn't have any gas appliances while
oithers had 2 or 3, either way it makes around 13,000 gas tests.

13,000 gas tests and you still think gas is at 30psi and you're
clueless about how to use a manometer?
I don't think so.

You don't think, correct....and the gas tests were carried out daily for
about 8 years, we all had to be acops registered and underwent training to
that effect, true, we rarely took off any gas meters to test them though.

pity you forgot that all gas fires, flueless or otherwise require
ventilation to function correctly...nice backpeddaling.

Errrrrrrrrr, actually, no, they don't. Wrong again.

Which ones can operate safely in a sealed room?

I'll let you figure that one out for yourself.

Probably best if you shut up; a shut gob gathers no feet. You'll just
make yourself look a bigger cnut.

I'll let you figure that one out for yourself.