Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson Dave Jackson is offline

Default Academic Paper: Noise Transmission Study of A Table Saw

(snip) No offense, but your time would be much better doing some actual
woodworking.

Yes! IMHO those stabilizers simply help prevent thin kerf blades from
flexing under heavier use, so in some situations the cut quality would be
better. Never noticed any difference in noise levels. Just install and
enjoy your WWII. --dave

"Swingman" wrote in message
wrote in message

I'm a beginner woodworker and took the plunge to buy my first Forrest
WWII table saw blade.

Good!

After reading this paper, I guess there is still some controversy about
noise reduction in using
stabilizers. Here are my thoughts and summary:

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html