Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Fireplace "literally breathes life into your room"

Aidan wrote:
On Dec 1, 1:19 am, "Phil L" wrote:
Whatever, I'm not getting into some pathetic competition, if you need
your
ego massaging, try elsewhere, 'about 30lbs' as opposed to 2 bar - do
you know what a 'bar' is?

Oh dear.
Phil was wrong and now he's having a hissy, wobbly fit. I do know what
a bar is. I also know the difference between gauge and absolute. And
so do you, now that some kind person has told you.
I was going to, but I was too busy laughing.

Hysterically after realising that 2bar and 'about 30lbs' are one and the
same?

I don't care what the 'Corgi bunch' have

There is no relevant British Standard.1) do you not imagine that
these plans and designs have been passed as safe

by anyone?
2) just because some dweeb doesn't know how to install one without
killing people doesn't make them unsafe
3) there's no relevant british standard for thousands of everyday
items, they don't have to be.

Oh dear. You have bought one, didn't you?

I haven't bought one didn't I.

You know better?Yes, yes I do.
Are you Drivel?No I'm not drivel, are you?

You ARE Drivel. There can't be two idiots this arrogant.

Obviously there are and you are 50% of the above.

They are incredibly efficient, no chimney to take away 75% of the
heat you see.

No, they are not "incredibly efficient". The fires have no
ventilation; the vitiated air must be replaced with cold, fresh air
from outside. This also applies to the CO2 exhaled by people. The
fires may appear to be efficient to those who are technically naive
and who make no allowance for this.

They are incredibly efficient.

And have a great big permanent vent letting a howling gale blow in all
the time Until some uninformed unfortunate blocks it.
And dies.

I see, so conventional gas fires don't need any ventilation?
And fensa fitted windows, and indeed all windows manufactured today are made
with a permanent vent fitted for this very purpose, or is this another
subject of which you know zero about?

You didn't know that?
You installed it yourself and didn't read the instructions.

I'm afraid not, I have never fitted a flueless gas fire, I have tested them
though, along with hundreds of other gas fires, boilers and other gas
appliances as part of my job, what job do you do?

At best, the IAQ will deteriorate. If the ventilation is inadequate,
the O2 will be consumed and the fire will then emit CO, regardless
of
the catalysts and how it was installed.Ooohh, big words, you must
be really clever,

Whoops, silly me! Any technician or engineer would know what that
means.
But you're neither and you don't.

So you're an engineer or technician? - can't make your mind up or have they
not printed your name tag yet to tell you what you are?

why don't you go in for 'head
of fire design' at some large company, that way you might impress
someone, or are you attempting to redefine the word '****'?

I think they're mostly made in Italy. Too far to commute. And I'm too
busy, designing HVAC systems.
You're arguing about engineering, a topic you little about, with an
engineer.

Ah, another HVAC engineer who knows feck all about ventilation and even less
about combustion, there's a novelty.

Probably best if you shut up; a shut gob gathers no feet. You'll just
make yourself look a bigger cnut.

No thanks, I'm enjoying making you look like an even bigger prick than you
appear at first glance.