Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Faurot Michael Faurot is offline

Default ROS/ DC Connection

efgh wrote:

. . . has anyone else attempted to connect their ROS to a dust
collection system? If so, how did you accomplish it?

I have a Rigid shop vac and two Rigid sanders. The hose from the
shop vac fits into the sanders perfectly, after removing the sanders'
dust collection bags. So it's essentially just plug-and-play to
hook the sanders to the shop vac. I also have a dust collection
system with the standard 4" flexible tubing. If I want to use the
sanders with the DC, all I do is remove the hose from the shop vac,
hook a sander to one end of the hose, stuff the other end of the
shop vac hose into the 4" tubing for the DC, and then stuff a towel
around shop vac hose. Sure it's a hack, but it's quick, it's easy,
and it works.

After having used the sanders hooked to both the shop vac and the
DC--I've found having that extra vacuum hose hooked to the sanders
makes them too cumbersome to use. So I don't really bother anymore,
unless I'm going to do a *lot* of sanding.

remove ".invalid".