Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hall Dave Hall is offline

Default Clamping Cauls

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:10:18 -0800, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

You can cut them much faster on a table saw. Put one board on top of
another, screw through one end into the board below. Now, etiher by
hand or using C clamps or whatever, bow the top board so it's
now-bowed edge extends over the lower board. While it's stressed like
this, screw down the other end to the lower board. Then cut on
tablesaw, & voila, one curved board. (Not sure, credit to FWW I think)

Maybe someone with a CNC router could start selling templates.**Until
then, I think this is the way to go.

I think you're all getting carried away. I just took a hand plane and cut what
seemed to be adequate. Been using them for years. Don't overcomplicate
things.

You beat me to it. For that slight of a curve and given that cauls
are not german timepieces, eyeball it with a #5 and start gluing.

Dave Hall