Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default deskjet not grabbing paper- anyone solved this before?

"Ken" wrote in message

Normally the solution is to clean the draw rollers that pull the paper
into the printer. I believe that HP suggests you use a cloth dampened
with soapy water (dish soap works fine) to clean the rollers. I have also
used alcohol to do this. On my printer you hold the dampened cloth so
that it touches the roller and depress the form feed button on the
printer. Stop when the roller completes a 360 degree cycle and do it to
all the rollers. Also make sure you do not have too little or too much
paper in the paper tray.

Seems to be a common problem with Oki lasers. Any suggestions for
'softeners' for the rubber rollers?