Posted to rec.woodworking
efgh efgh is offline

Default ROS/ DC Connection

I went to Lee Valley the other day and bought two adapters, a 1.25" to 2.5"
and a 2.5" to 4". My goal was to see if I could hook my randon orbital
sander up to my dust collector. When I took the dust collection bag off the
sander to attach the smaller adapter, I noticed the 1.25" end had a "ring"
running around the outside about an 1/8" of the way from the end. This
prevents the adapter from going into the dust collection output of the
sander far enough to make an adequate connection. So, before I remove that
"ring" in some manner, has anyone else attempted to connect their ROS to a
dust collection system? If so, how did you accomplish it? I'm thinking I
might have to go buy a short section of 1.25" or so connect the sander to
the adapter.

TIA.