Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin Bob Minchin is offline

Default timed meter

"Staffbull" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it possible to get Scottish Power to fit a timed meter like used on
storage heaters so I can put the washing and drying on at night? I dont
have and dont want storage heater though

The tariff you refer to is called Economy 7. Not sure if it is still
available to new users
The units might be cheap for the 7 hours over night but they are really
expensive during the daytime. In this way the tariff only makes sense if
nearly all of your consumption is at night.
I suspect that this won't suit your needs.

NB they won't fit two meters and supply you on two different tariffs one on
each at the same address - I tried that!

Bob