Randal O'Brian

Default Magnetic Chuck Repair Question

I took mine apart, mainly out of curiosity. It was 8 or 10 years ago, but I
don't remember any real problem taking it apart other than magnetic
attraction trying to keep it together. The sliding parts are grease lubed
and it may be that the grease in yours has dried up and hardened.

Randy

"zephyr" wrote in message
I have just obtained a 6 X 18 magnetic chuck. I think the brand is

Walker,
but I can't tell for sure because the nameplate is missing. The On - Off
lever works hard and I was wondering if I should attempt to disassemble

the
chuck to see if I could fix it. Is this something that can be easily

done?

John