Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default what is better 110 or 220 if the appliance can be wired for both.

"Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
Electric motors always run more efficiently at the higher voltage and
start better also. Less current draw during startup also.

--
Steve Barker

Agreed, and more efficency in motors can lead to longer service life if
that's worth anything.

"glen07" wrote in message

I am installing an inground pool. the contractor is doing the basic
wiring bonding etc....The filter and control panel can be wired 220,
but pool guy says 110 is ok. The real electrician says he thinks it
should be 220....case closed in my mind, but he said it could be done
110, but it will reduce my electric bill if it is 220. Does anyone have
an opinion...am I saving pennies or dollars if I go 220....thx

--
glen07