Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default what is better 110 or 220 if the appliance can be wired for both.

glen07 wrote:
I am installing an inground pool. the contractor is doing the basic
wiring bonding etc....The filter and control panel can be wired 220,
but pool guy says 110 is ok. The real electrician says he thinks it
should be 220....case closed in my mind, but he said it could be done
110, but it will reduce my electric bill if it is 220. Does anyone
have an opinion...am I saving pennies or dollars if I go 220....thx

120V is OK. 240 is better. If the cost is the same go 240. Don't
expect to see a lot of difference between the two. I would usually go 240.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit