Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan Aidan is offline

Default Fireplace "literally breathes life into your room"

On Dec 1, 12:28 am, "Phil L" wrote:

An interesting opinion, Phil.
Wasn't it you that told a poster that they had 30 psi gas pressure?

I said 2bar, which is what the gas is at the mains side of the meter, in
many areas, certainly mine because I know several people who work for
Transco.

No. What you said was;

"You turned the gas on? - what did you expect to happen considering the
gas
is at about 30lbs pressure? "

You did not qualify that statement; it seems you had believed that
there was a normal pressure of 30 psi at the test nipple You were also
confused about gauge and absolute pressures. In short, you know
remarkably little about the topic about which you are posting.

If you want to know what the Corgi bunch think of them, read this;

http://www.screwfix.com/talk/thread.jspa?threadID=47473&tstart=45

I don't care what the 'Corgi bunch' have
to say about them, the manufacturers make them to fit in with current
regulations, which they do, if people are too stupid to fit them correctly
or use them according to instructions then that's up to them, but don't
blame the fire manufacturer for other people's stupidity.

There is no relevant British Standard.

The Corgi bunch and the ARGI bunch are registered gas fitters, some of
whom know something about gas appliances. Every single comment in that
thread was opposed to flueless gas fires, none would fit them.

You know better?
Are you Drivel?

They are incredibly efficient, no chimney to take away 75% of the heat you

see.

No, they are not "incredibly efficient". The fires have no ventilation;
the vitiated air must be replaced with cold, fresh air from outside.
This also applies to the CO2 exhaled by people. The fires may appear to
be efficient to those who are technically naive and who make no
allowance for this.

At best, the IAQ will deteriorate. If the ventilation is inadequate,
the O2 will be consumed and the fire will then emit CO, regardless of
the catalysts and how it was installed.