Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Fireplace "literally breathes life into your room"

D.M. Procida wrote:
Phil L wrote:

It's a flueless gas fire. In other words, all of the carbon dioxide
it produces will remain in the room, instead of going up the
chimney to draw in fresh air from outside.

A bit pricey at £1300 though.

"the fire has the ability to burn off the odorous and stale air in
the room and efficiently return warm and neutral air back into your
airspace"

Wow.

People are often astounded at flueless gas fires, especially with
all the hype surrounding carbon monoxide over the past few years,
often with unfounded fears...this particular model utilises a
'catalytic system', but even without it, they are completely safe.

It might be safe - but if you're worried about stale air, a fire in
the room is not going to create fresh air out of it.

I doubt anyone who is 'worried' about stale air would look towards any kind
of fire for an answer.
That said, we don't exactly know how this catalytic system works