Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Electrical outlets near doorways.

Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com, "Harry K" wrote:

Going strictly by the 6ft rule it is possible to have just one outlet
on a 12ft wall.

No, it's not -- unless there's a doorway at each end of it. The Code
specifically states "including space measured around corners".

--
Regards,

Yes it is. My addition is 18x30 with entrance in the middle of the
30'. Thus I could put one outlet 6' from that door and another down in
the corner...well yes, you are right, I would have 2 in 15 ft. But it
isn't hard to come up with a floor plan that would allow it, for
example just shifting my entrance over a bit.

Harry K