Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default How powerful a bandsaw motor is powerful enough?

"Toller" wrote in
:

I am taking a turning course at a local HS. They have a 24"
Powermatic. With a worn out blade it cuts 12/4 oak like butter. My
14" 1hp would cut it, but much slower and less precisely.

Well, yeah, but have you _priced_ a 24" Powermatic? ;-) That's one serious
wooddorking tool.

The choice of tools in your shop is up to you, and your checkbook, and
those who also have some claim on your checkbook. I've come to the
conclusion that, for now, I'll find a way to do without a big bandsaw. I
miss it, though.

Good luck on the gloat finding.

Patriarch