Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Mike is offline

Default Clamping Cauls

wrote:
You can cut them much faster on a table saw. Put one board on top of
another, screw through one end into the board below. Now, etiher by
hand or using C clamps or whatever, bow the top board so it's
now-bowed edge extends over the lower board. While it's stressed like
this, screw down the other end to the lower board. Then cut on
tablesaw, & voila, one curved board. (Not sure, credit to FWW I think)
--

Wouldn't that result in a board that is 'skinnier' in the middle? I
thought that for a clamping caul you wanted the board to be 'thicker'

Maybe I'm confused about what you are describing, though...

Mike