Posted to alt.home.repair
BETA-32 BETA-32 is offline

Default 2 phones numbers on 1 phone line (4-wire)

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
et...

The yellow corresponds to the red and the black to the green.

Most modern phones don't care about the polarity of the line but some old
touch tone phones won't dial if they are wired "backwards".

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Thanks Jeff. That's exactly what I needed to know. And I guess that's why
I used to hear people talking about making sure the wires aren't backwards
but I don't hear that anymore.

Beta-2K
(formerly WN2FPE -- 48 years ago -- built my own Heathkit receiver and
transmitter; put up a long-wire antenna along the roof ridge of my parent's
house; had the receiver working; and never could get the transmitter to work
so I never got to get on the air with anyone.)