Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody DonkeyHody is offline

Default 1st project for a total noob...

I'm having a hard time visualizing this. I understand the strips on the
front face because I assume the drawers will end up flush with the
hardwood bands. Just having trouble seeing it at the corner joints. Are
you saying there will be strips protruding from the square box and
outside of it?

I'm saying the 3/4 square hardwood strips would BE the corner where the
side meets the back.
This is my first attempt at typwriter art, so be patient with me. It's
supposed to represent two pieces of plywood that each attach to a
square strip of hardwood, which is depicted by the X's. The spacing
will probably all go crazy when I hit the send button.

If the square hardwood strip is the same thickness as your plywoood, it
would sit flush with the plywood surface.

----------------------------- -----------
|XXXXXX|
PLYWOOD |XXXXXX|
|XXXXXX|