Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default How powerful a bandsaw motor is powerful enough?

In article ,
says...

What I'd like to know is, if the OP goes for an 18" bandsaw like this,
what does he do when he needs to rip two 20" X 96" pieces from a
single sheet of plywood?

He can do what I do: clamp an aluminium rail to the ply as a fence and cut it
with a skilsaw. (that's where the two assembly tables come in handy: you cut
between the tables). I get my ply and mdf panels accurate to around 0.5mm that
way (~1/50"), which is way more accurate than I could ever manage on a common
or garden tablesaw.

-P.