Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tomes Tomes is offline

Default sealing face of fireplace with cardboard and duct tape

"ap" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I have a brick fireplace that is very drafty. The flue is shut, but
there are air leaks. So last weekend, I sealed the face of the
fireplace
with cardboard and held it to the brick fireplace with duct tape for
stucco.

Just today, I noticed the duct tape is coming off the sides and air
is leaking again.

Is there a better type of duct tape for holding cardboard to brick?

An alternative way to go about this might be to stuff attic insulation up
the chimney at or under the damper. This will look better from the room
since the insulation is out of sight and you will not be looking at a piece
of cardboard all of the time.
Tomes