Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.radio.cb,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.drugs.hard,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default 2 phones numbers on 1 phone line (4-wire)

an_old_friend wrote:
BETA-32 wrote:

I should probably know this, but....

I have one 4-wire phone line running from the main incoming phone connection
box to a standard phone jack. I want to add a second phone jack next to the
existing one for a second phone line, and I don't want to run a new wire.

So, here's what I am assuming:

1) Inside the existing phone jack, leave the red and green wires from phone
line connected to the red and green connectors inside the phone jack.

2) Then take the black and yellow wires from the phone line and connect them
to the red and green connectors inside the second phone jack for the second
phone line.

I know what to do with the wires on the other end (at the incoming phone
connection box).

But, is number 2 above correct?

If so, when matching the yellow and black wires to the red and green
connectors inside the phone jack, is it better or correct to connect the
yellow wire to the red terminal and the black wire to the green terminal?

Or should it be yellow to green and black to red?

Thanks.

http://www.geocities.com\\kb9rqz

one of those private types bigg current ars project in EME hoping to
obtain VUCC and maybe DXCC as a no code tech before the expected R&O
allowign me to become a No Code extra comes through
http://emekb9rqz.blogspot.com/ sadly since certainn folks in the ham
world lack a life beyond harrassing their fellow hams I will no longer
be posting my log on my blog I can be reach by eail off my webpage

I am having to work split so if you see cq kb9rqz+10 it means I am
listening up 10 khz etc

We were talking about WIRED communication here friend. 73s to 'ya
anyway, and please get back on your meds.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)