Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Wasps nest - safe?

"Velvet" wrote in message
ups.com...

I wasn't able to persuade any to use my solitary bee-house to take up
residence in the spring/summer that I had to move out, so didn't hold
out much hope, but this spring (the first in the new place) I'm
delighted to find solitary bees busily nesting in two of the tubes in
the house, so I expect a multiplying population of them when they hatch
out in the coming spring. It was fascinating watching them collect mud
where I'd watered a plant in to take back and stopper the tube with.

Our Sedum (poss sedum telephuim?) seems very attractive to bumble bees.
(does that help for solitary ones?)

cheers,
clive