Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing main ground rods

Chris Friesen wrote:
Bob F wrote:

Pouring concrete? I have read that tieing the ground to properly
bonded rebar in concrete can make a very good ground.

Around here you can use wire embedded in concrete, but it has to be bare
copper wire embedded in the bottom two inches of the building footings.
(Uses the weight of the building pushing on it to help get better
ground contact.)

Chris

he will go with gravel........ he tends to buy expensive toys like a
new harley every couple years but cheaps out on his home and it shows.

he REALLY needed a backhoe 3 years ago when he bought the home.

the driveway is sloped wrong, water coming off road above home washed
out back wall of garage.

a backhoe for a day, and some BIG dump truck loads of gravel can fix
the place.......''

his priorties are elsewhere and he is a nice guy and has helped me with
stuff, so I help him

personally I believe you should take good care of your home it saves
money.

example he has tree branches rubbing his roof, and with wind that will
ruin it.

yet he ignores it?

I dont understand folks like that, pole pruner can lob off those
branches.

I offered to help he isnt interested.