Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Replacing main ground rods

On 27 Nov 2006 16:46:18 -0800, "
wrote:

Were removing a planter alongside my buddes home to widen his driveway.

His ground rods are in the planter. I think we should replace them to a
offset in the driveway. The home narrows a bit partway back.

Ny friend wants to either drive them deeper or pull them out and move
them.

Ha Ha Ha, I actually cracked up, "pull them out and move them".

he is cheap

Where does one buy that groundrod driver that fits in a hammer drill??
many electrical supply houses have closed around here and the home
depot person had no idea what I was talking about.

The existing ground is a single ground rod whats the current code?

Get an electrician, they will check your whole grounding and bonding
system, and put ground rods in fast.

BTW, the NEC is Good, but many local codes are more restrictive, so
check with your local codes.

later,

tom @ www.MedJobSite.com