Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Wasps nest - safe?

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Wasps and honey bees can appear agressive if you're thinking
anthropomorphically but they are both defensive.

My grandmother felt sorry for the bees one very cold spring morning
(this was in the 1920s some time) and took them a saucer of warm sugary
water. Two bees shot out of the hive and stung her, one on each eyelid.
She rather lost her sympathy for them at that point - it took her over a
week to regain her sight properly.

That's awful for your grandma :-( But you shouldn't disturb a beehive when
it's cold - passing in front of a hive entrance is disturbance enough.

They don't think like us - and we don't think like them.

Mary