Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Wasps nest - safe?

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:43:58 -0000 someone who may be "Mary Fisher"
wrote this:-

If you do cut it down do it carefully, the outside envelope is vey
fragile.
When it's down cut it in half, carefully, with a bread knife and show the
children the marvellous architecture of the construction.

I bow to your superior knowledge.

Provided there are no wasps in the thing I'm sure the nest is very
interesting inside.

4) burn the nasty little devils.

They're not nasty.

I disagree. They are rather too aggressive for my liking, unlike
bees which are welcome.

Wasps and honey bees can appear agressive if you're thinking
anthropomorphically but they are both defensive. Wasps are more intelligent
than bees, they've evolved further..

I wonder if you're thinking about bumble bees which are less defensive (but
wll sting) or solitary bees which can't sting ... it's a very bit subject
which I've studied for many years.

Mary