Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Wasps nest - safe?

"Mike" wrote in message
On 27 Nov 2006 14:44:25 -0800, "Weatherlawyer"
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:
"David Hansen" head full of wrote in message

4) burn the nasty little devils.

They're not nasty.

Forgive him his ignorance. So many stupid people living in towns and
cities don't have a clue about the planet they live on. You could
almost feel sorry for the clods if they were not such clods.

That's uncalled for. I live in the inner city yet have handled more wasps
and their nests than most people living anywhere else. Wasps live
everywhere.

I stood barefooted on one once - that was a nasty one! By damn was it
painful -
for the wasp too I suppose.

Wasp stings ARE painful, I sometimes have a very bad reaction to them but
that doesn't make the wasps nasty. They sting to defend themselves.

A lot of people inflict pain on other people even though they're not
defending themselves, that doesn't mean that all people are nasty.

Mary