Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Electrical outlets near doorways.

In article . com, "bowgus" wrote:

Teo2006 wrote:
Can any one tell me if there is a code requirement specifying that
electrical outlets must be placed within X number of feet next of a
doorway ? Thanks for your help.

I have an outlet beside a door. Wait a minute ... make that 2 outlets
beside doors. Oh, no ... make that three ... there's the one on the
back deck by the sliding door. No code up here that says there's a
required minimum distance.

No, but there *is* a maximum distance, and I think that's what the OP was
asking about.

--
Regards,