Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Sawstop Cabinet Saw

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Nothing more than that. Do you buy a second set of tires for your car

in
anticipation of a tire failure?

Not a second set, just a spare tire on hand like most people. Consider

that
a flat tire effectively disables your car for anything approaching proper
driving, then one can directly compare it to the SawStop. It makes perfect
sense, especially for a business to have a spare cartridge on hand. Not
cartridges as in tires, but at least one cartridge as in a single spare
tire.

Consider the $3,000 cost for this saw and that many people will have

bought
it primarily for its safety features. 2% of that amount for a spare
cartridge to maintain production sounds completely reasonable to me.

I need to bring a center back to my point. I sort of wandered off with the
set of tires thing. My only point is that *if* there is a problem with
misfires, which is the impression that I have come away from this thread
with, then it should not be incumbent upon the relatively few consumers to
shoulder the cost of spare inventory as the manufacturer works out the
kinks. Inventory in this scenario would be an ongoing purchase requirement,
if I understand the issue correctly.

--

-Mike-