Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Building a cabin, info source?

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:31:51 GMT, "Kurt Gavin"
wrote:

I'm thinking about building a cabin and need some sources
for info and design. It would be about 500 sq ft. and would
have a well and septic system, and would be built and insulated
for winter conditions in the Rockies.

How much experience do you already have in
construction? Are needing help with how to
design and build a building in general, or
specifically a winter cabin in the mountains?

I gotta say that I'm a little skeptical about
whether an amature is going to be able to
drill a well halfway up a mountain. Or even
whether there will be water available at all.

The septic system is likely to require
a liscenced company to do the design
and install.

So that just leaves the box itself,