Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Sawstop Cabinet Saw

In article , "__ Bob __" wrote:
CW wrote:

The more you study the dynamics of a kickback and it's associated
perils, the more sense the SAWSTOP makes. Used correctly, it will
almost eliminate the possibility of a kickback, and the blade brake WILL
protect you in the event you do something stupid and cause one anyway.

So, the brake device fires when it detects a possible kickback situation?
That's news to me. Please explain how it does that and how it differentiates
a normal cut from a possible kickback situation.

WHERE did I ever make THAT statement ?? ?? ??

He quoted your statement above -- duh. That's what I was taking issue with,
too -- your claim that the blade brake will protect you in the event of a
kickback.

The riving knife prevents kickbacks .. the brake helps you stay intact
IF you fail to use it. Sheesh !! !! !!

And what does that have to do with the blade brake?

--
Regards,