Posted to uk.d-i-y
JellyBelly JellyBelly is offline

Default Wasps nest - safe?

A friend has just discovered a wasps nest in the upper left-hand corner
of one of the upstairs windows. It's on the outside of the house and so
has been exposed to the cold, the wind and the rain that we've been
getting of late. A couple of weeks ago it hit -2C overnight but for the
past few days it's been more around +11C.

No wasps have been seen since she noticed the nest (she wasn't living
there during the summer) but what's the chances that there are still
some live ones in there that are liable to give me a nasty stinging if I
get up a ladder to get the bloody thing down?

Jell