Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mackem Mackem is offline

Default candle bulbs

"Adam Aglionby" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mackem wrote:
We've got a couple of chandelier lights that take normal BC candle bulbs.

There's a white plastic shroud, with immitation candle grease running
down,
that fits over the bulb holders but after a few years these harden, crack
and disintegrate. They are about one and a half inches diameter and 3"
long.

I've tried several larger stores that used to carry these years ago but
now
they don't (e.g. John Lewis )

I've tried searching on Google without success but this maybe because I
don't know the proper name for these things.

Does anybody know what these things are called and where I can buy them?

Any help appreciated.

Properly called Candle Tubes

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Lamps-and-L...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Not my store.

Adam

Thanks to all who responded.
Googling "candle tubes" does bring up a few suppliers but with postage they
work out quite expensive, for what they are.
In the end I bought a 2m length of white Marley 32mm waste pipe and cut
this into 3" lengths. So I got the 16 pieces I needed for less than £2,
rather than £50+ by mail order.