Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Remove and repair section of old kitchen wall

Can you get at the area from the other side of the wall and not have to mess
with the tile at all? Fixing a pastered wall and re-painting would be a lot
less work than having to tackle the tile.

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
news

'allo,

I belong to a little brick bungalow in the midwest, built in
'54, original kitchen.

I need to remove maybe 2 sq. feet of the wall to replace a
corroded drain pipe. Wall is ceramic tile in front of traditional
plaster on steel lath. After repair of drain, I need to repair
wall. Never worked with tile before.

How to do it?

It occurred to me that I *might* be able to cut thru both grout
and plaster/lath and remove a square without destroying the tile
(if I can come up with the right saw apparati). Might this be
practical? If so, how might one *replace* the removed square,
permanently mounting it back in the wall?

Or do I bark up the wrong tree? :-)

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Cheers,
Puddin'