Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson is offline

Default Sawstop Cabinet Saw

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:41:58 -0600, "RonB" wrote:

Absolutely correct! I made a stupid assumption that when you turn the
switch off the TS blade stops. Walked away, realized I had left a cutoff
sitting on the tabletop. Over-reached the blade and ^%#&$.

Then you made a poor assumption and an unsafe decision to leave the
cutoff there. That's something that is completely within your control
though and thinking safety first might have told you that there was a
kickback possibility and you should move the cutoff completely away
from the blade, moving or not.

That's why some of us aren't worried about a tablesaw chasing us down
and causing us bodily harm, we consider the possibilities carefully
and don't take any chances to begin with.