Posted to rec.woodworking
TSW632 TSW632 is offline

Default Sawstop Cabinet Saw

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "__ Bob __" wrote:

I had no idea about the false stops, which could be an issue at $200 or so
with a good blade.

Where are you guys finding "data" regarding false triggers ?? ?? ??
I've not been able to track down a single verified instance !! !! !!

Do a Google Groups search -- at least one person has posted here, reporting a
false trip of which he says he has first-hand knowledge.

[snip]

I am also not aware of the "facts" surrounding the alleged attempt by
the inventor to get the government to make his device a mandate. I've
read several posts making some accusations of that, and feel that it is
probably at least partially true.

It's *completely* true. Again, do a Google Groups search -- this was discussed
in great detail here about two years ago. SawStop *did* in fact petition the
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, requesting that their proprietary
technology become mandated, and there was a post here that referenced the CPSC
filing. This is not a wild unsubstantiated figment of someone's imagination.
It's a fact.

[snip]

The more you study the dynamics of a kickback and it's associated
perils, the more sense the SAWSTOP makes. Used correctly, it will
almost eliminate the possibility of a kickback, and the blade brake WILL
protect you in the event you do something stupid and cause one anyway.

How does the SawStop prevent *kickback* ?? The whole point of the device is to
prevent *amputations*.

--
Regards,

The riving knife adresses kickback. Does hand/blade contact result
from kickback?