Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Building a cabin, info source?

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
.. .
In article . net,
(Kurt Gavin) says...
I'm thinking about building a cabin and need some sources for info and
design.
It would be about 500 sq ft. and would have a well and septic system,
and
would be built and insulated for winter conditions in the Rockies.

Most mobile home manufacturers have a mountain cabin model that you
could just plunk down on a pad and connect to the utilities.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.

IIRC, there is a magazine called Log Home Living. Lots of info and
sources.

Steve

Google Log Home Living, and go to their website. A section on "Log Home
Design Ideas". There should be lots of things.

Don't know if Mother Earth magazine is still around or not. Lots of things
for those living off the grid. If it is not published any more, I am sure
there are some who have replaced it. All sorts of sources and how tos for
people who want to live out in the woods.

I have a cabin in Utah. We are going to move to Utah soon, and will be
spending about six months a year there, six months in a house at lower
elevation. But, we are going to rig the cabin with special features that
will allow us to go there even in the coldest snowiest weather and be
comfortable.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Steve