Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default pony clamp question

tr wrote:
I am clamping a number of 24W x 42L slat panels made up of 10 each 2
1/4" by 5/16" thick slats. I am figuring on 4 pony bar clamps per
panel using a 1" square wood piece on each side to help spread the
clamping pressure...is this enough for a 42" long panel ?

Also...I am using Titebond Pro glue...the bottle says to only clamp for
30 minutes...?...seems I remember clamping for 24 hrs ? Are most of
you only clamping for 30- 60 minutes before releasing the clamp
pressure ?

Sure would speed up my making the 24 panels !

With only 4 clamps, make the cauls wider to better spread out the
clamping pressure. Straight 2 x 4s are better than 1" strips.