Posted to alt.home.repair
Dawn Dawn is offline

Default Sealing grout lines on ceramic tile floor

"Herb S" wrote in message
What is the best way to seal the grout lines on a glazed ceramic tile
floor? There are many grout lines since the floor consists of many small
tiles: 1x1, 1x2 and 2x2 mosaic pattern. Can I just brush the silicon over
everything and then wipe the tiles clean after it dries? It would be very
time consuming to apply the silicon just to the grout lines.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Herb

I sealed all the grout in my house with a colored sealant (to avoid future
staining and cover up current stains). I tried several methods, starting
with a paint brush and ending with one of those bottles with an attached
roller. The bottle was a huge time saver and I wish I'd had it in the
beginning because I have a lot of tile in my 2400 sq. ft. house.

If the grout needs cleaning before it's sealed, try those Mr. Clean Magic
Erasers. They work great.

Dawn