Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Remove and repair section of old kitchen wall

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:29:48 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:07:37 GMT, Puddin' Man
wrote:

Seems like you could use something like a Dremel to cut thru the grout
and then all the way thru the plaster and lathe, then remove the
section.

If Dremel's got a cutting wheel of the appropriate diameter,
and capable of going thru the steel lath.

A Dremel would not be my choice. A grinder as mentioned previously.

Might be a bit much for my little $30 Dremel.

You could make a plastic tent in the immediate work area to contain
the dust.

Yeah, I've done that with concrete work before.

The grinder will make fast work of the lath, etc.

Prolly lots of sparks. Fire extinguisher handy.

Thx,

Pease pudding hot,
Pease pudding cold,
Pease pudding in the pot