Martin H. Eastburn

Default Harbor Freight 30 " 3in1 Shear/Press Brake/Slip Roll on sale

Gary Coffman wrote:
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 16:28:48 GMT, Bill Janssen wrote:

Question! How badly will I damage the shear if I cut fiberglass circuit
board material.
I don't expect to do that very often but I can imagine wanting to do
that a few times.

Circuit board is very abrasive. I ruined a big hydraulic paper shear blade
by using it to cut circuit board. Might not matter as much with a metal
cutting shear, since the blade isn't all that sharp to begin with, but still,
it is something to consider.

Gary

Simply remember what you are cutting. Glass. SiO2 Beach Sand -
Arkansas Stone for knife sharpening. This is very fibrous - it is in
sheets of cloth of various weave of 2-30 or more layers. The copper isn't much.
The epoxy material used to bond the layers together in a press.

I have flattened band saw blades sawing it. The fibers are also 'white lung' type.

The board houses we deal with and the general body of makers are doing it with routers.
Carbide router bits turning at high speeds. Carbide drills are also used and warn out.

Take care
Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn