Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Bemier Joe Bemier is offline

Default Sawstop Cabinet Saw

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 00:40:13 GMT, "alan"
wrote:

Hi
I'm a long time lurker.....

Sawstop...we have one in our shop at work (Hatteras)....also have two
unisaws

pros......love the lefthand bevel/besmyer type fence/saftey stop

cons.....although it has been stopped twice because of friction and metal
tape near blade while the lights where not aligned @ $300 to $500 each time

That is an issue you need to be prepared for. I know of only one saw
and it has "stopped" without reason once in the 4-6 months since it
was purchased. The owner runs a Cabinet shop and bought it under
pressure from the Insurance Co. He said that it cost him about $400
but the biggest issue was downtime waiitng for the new parts.
While it is mostly anecdotal, misfires seem to be an issue.

Good Luck!