Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Bemier Joe Bemier is offline

Default Sawstop Cabinet Saw

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:37:48 GMT, "Wilson"
wrote:

Thanks. There's some impetus from SWMBO, just for the safety aspect and the
money is there.
However, I wouldn't want it if it's not an excellent saw, safety or not.
WL
"Joe Bemier" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:09:38 GMT, "Wilson"
wrote:

Does anyone have one?
How's it compare to Unisaws?
Wilson

For my two cents, Wilson.....

I would not buy a SS. For the $$ it will require you could go to
grizzly.com, buy a very nice cabinet saw and have plenty of balance
for other equipment.
For some folks the SS might be worth the extra money. The premium you
would pay is certainly cost effective as compared to an injury. I
think it would depend on a self assessment of your safety habits and
risk.
And, personally I don't mind seeing your post. While this topic *has*
been raised and well discussed, that does not always mean the
specific/exact info you are seeking is within the archive.

I believe it is a well made saw - no issues there.