Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Light Bulbs

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:01:49 -0000 someone who may be "Ed"
wrote this:-

Well my wife does needlework, I read the paper and other things

I suggest task lighting in the areas where these are done. This can
be switched on when necessary and will be a great improvement over a
150W bulb in the ceiling for doing these tasks.

There are any number of such lights, many taking compact fluorescent
lamps, though for some forms of needlework another type of lamp may
be better for precise colour rendering.

and we also watch T.V and sit relatively near the fire,

Do these require a lot of light?

I would have thought that even a 20W compact fluorescent lamp in the
middle of the room would be adequate for general lighting, if there
is adequate task lighting.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh