Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Ed is offline

Default Light Bulbs

Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w Thank you E

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed wrote:
Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w Thank you E

The trivial answer is to use two.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Ed" writes:
Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w Thank you E

Haven't checked for a while, but Homebase did a 30W one, only
available with an Edison Screw lamp base though.

The trouble with higher power ones are that the heat from the
tube cooks the electronic control gear if run base-up. Higher
power ones are more readily in the US, but they usually come
with a warning that they must not be operated base-up or they
will suffer shortened life. You can find them mail-order in
the UK too.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed wrote:
Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w Thank you E

If its inside use a flourescent ring type, you can get em up to about
60w with equivalent of about 200 - 250w

like
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...2 Blights.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed wrote:

Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w Thank you E

http://www.eurobatteries.com/sitepag...entcompact.asp

They even do pink ones too

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed wrote:
Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w Thank you E

These beasts are "the equivalent of 400watts of tungsten bulb"

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...title=85w+bulb

or

http://tinyurl.com/yknewe

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from "The 1st Philosophical Handyman of the Humber"
contains these words:

These beasts are "the equivalent of 400watts of tungsten bulb"

I really ought to go to bed. I read that as "These breasts" - and
wondered how globe-like the were.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message .com
from "The 1st Philosophical Handyman of the Humber"
contains these words:

These beasts are "the equivalent of 400watts of tungsten bulb"

I really ought to go to bed. I read that as "These breasts" - and
wondered how globe-like the were.

http://www.breastimplants4you.com/gl...t_implants.htm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed" wrote in message
Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a
brighter light ,something equivalent to 150w Thank you E

He http://www.bltdirect.co.uk/cat30_1.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 17:06:23 -0000 someone who may be "Ed"
wrote this:-

Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w

What do you want to light, what sort of duty cycle?

It may be that a different sort of lamp is better.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Ed is offline

wrote this:-

Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a
brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w

What do you want to light, what sort of duty cycle?

It may be that a different sort of lamp is better.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

What I really want is a brighter low energy lamp equivalent to 150w but not
for £8 to £20,how people can read or function with even 25w ones which are
supposed to be 150w I do not know, most in the shops are equivalent to 60
watts hardly enough to light a small room

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a
brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w

What I really want is a brighter low energy lamp equivalent to 150w but not
for £8 to £20,how people can read or function with even 25w ones which are
supposed to be 150w I do not know, most in the shops are equivalent to 60
watts hardly enough to light a small room

)£(% my readings light's 5w.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a
brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w

What do you want to light, what sort of duty cycle?

It may be that a different sort of lamp is better.

What I really want is a brighter low energy lamp equivalent to 150w but not
for ?8 to ?20,how people can read or function with even 25w ones which are
supposed to be 150w I do not know, most in the shops are equivalent to 60
watts hardly enough to light a small room

So use two, on an adaptor.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Ed is offline

wrote this:-

Where can I get Energy saving bulbs more powerful than 25w for a
brighter
light ,something equivalent to 150w

What do you want to light, what sort of duty cycle?

It may be that a different sort of lamp is better.

What I really want is a brighter low energy lamp equivalent to 150w but
not
for ?8 to ?20,how people can read or function with even 25w ones which
are
supposed to be 150w I do not know, most in the shops are equivalent to 60
watts hardly enough to light a small room

So use two, on an adaptor.

Thank you Probably a good Idea, so where can I purchase on to fit in a
single bayonet holder and look tidy ---- I havent seen anything like that
for years

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well, make one... http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/bigclive/hamster.htm

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:59:21 -0000 someone who may be "Ed"
wrote this:-

What do you want to light, what sort of duty cycle?

What I really want is a brighter low energy lamp equivalent to 150w but not
for £8 to £20,

This doesn't answer the question. Do you want to light a room to a
high level of brightness? If so how big is the room and why do you
want to light the whole room to this level, rather than lighting
tasks and providing a lower level of general lighting?

Is the bright lighting (general or task) to be on all the time, or
switched on and off regularly.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Ed is offline

wrote this:-

What do you want to light, what sort of duty cycle?

What I really want is a brighter low energy lamp equivalent to 150w but
not
for £8 to £20,

This doesn't answer the question. Do you want to light a room to a
high level of brightness? If so how big is the room and why do you
want to light the whole room to this level, rather than lighting
tasks and providing a lower level of general lighting?

Is the bright lighting (general or task) to be on all the time, or
switched on and off regularly.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Well my wife does needlework, I read the paper and other things and we also
watch T.V and sit relatively near the fire, a 150w normal bulb suited in the
past; on most of the time,for this main position in the long room, there
are other lights in the room ,wall and ceiling, but it is as the main one
above us that we find the 25w low energy poor and I am sure other older
people would as well

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:01:49 -0000 someone who may be "Ed"
wrote this:-

Well my wife does needlework, I read the paper and other things

I suggest task lighting in the areas where these are done. This can
be switched on when necessary and will be a great improvement over a
150W bulb in the ceiling for doing these tasks.

There are any number of such lights, many taking compact fluorescent
lamps, though for some forms of needlework another type of lamp may
be better for precise colour rendering.

and we also watch T.V and sit relatively near the fire,

Do these require a lot of light?

I would have thought that even a 20W compact fluorescent lamp in the
middle of the room would be adequate for general lighting, if there
is adequate task lighting.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh