Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Ed is offline

Default Light Bulbs

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:59:21 -0000 someone who may be "Ed"
wrote this:-

What do you want to light, what sort of duty cycle?

What I really want is a brighter low energy lamp equivalent to 150w but
not
for £8 to £20,

This doesn't answer the question. Do you want to light a room to a
high level of brightness? If so how big is the room and why do you
want to light the whole room to this level, rather than lighting
tasks and providing a lower level of general lighting?

Is the bright lighting (general or task) to be on all the time, or
switched on and off regularly.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Well my wife does needlework, I read the paper and other things and we also
watch T.V and sit relatively near the fire, a 150w normal bulb suited in the
past; on most of the time,for this main position in the long room, there
are other lights in the room ,wall and ceiling, but it is as the main one
above us that we find the 25w low energy poor and I am sure other older
people would as well