Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

Default Locked out scenario

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:04:40 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:24:28 -0600, GWB wrote:

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 06:01:29 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Anthona" wrote in

All windows were
shut, garage door remote she had, but there is no access to the house
through the garage. Has anyone faced this problem and somehow managed
to get into your home without the benefit of calling a locksmith?

I've had the problem a couple of times over the years. There are safe
places where a key can be hidden outside. I don't mean those stupid fake
rocks though. They can be out of site in a shed, under a deck, behind a
shutter, under a fence post cap, on a tree, birdhouse, etc. In her case, it
could have been in the locked garage since she had an opener. You just have
to use a little ingenuity.

Put a key in a baggie and bury it in the yard.

In the bottom of an old rusty bucket full of horse manure.

That's the first place they look. G