Chris Cox

Default Boreing Holes ?

On 1 Feb 2004 10:00:43 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Peter Kiproff says...

I'm not concerned about speed, even .010" cuts as long as I can walk away
are fine.

The only comment I could make here is, the fastest way
to get fired from a CNC shop is to walk away from a
machine while it's cutting. That was a real no-no
in the place I worked.

Jim

Huh. What kind of place did you work in? The places I worked (Gear
shop, mold shop) were exactly the other way. Once a program had run
once without crashing, it ran unattended except for part changes, tool
offsets, or whatever. Wasn't uncommon to have one person on two or
three machines.

Chris
The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it is none of my
business but--" is to place a period after the word "but." Don't use excessive force
in supplying such moron with a period. Cutting his throat is only a momentary
pleasure and is bound to get you talked about.